As you know, I am always on the hunt for healthy treats for Trigger, and this has led to me making some of my own! You and your dog will LOVE these three ingredient dog treats that I made for Trigger, they are super easy to make, and he absolutely loved them!
Three Ingredient Dog Treats
The following post contains affiliate links. To find out more, please click here.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind your oats until they’re powder.
- In a bowl, beat together the banana and peanut butter until smooth. A few small chunks of banana here and there is ok. The dough should stick together, but shouldn’t be sticky.
- Reserve about a tablespoon of ground oatmeal and pour the rest into the banana peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Dust your surface with the reserved ground oatmeal and roll your dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake treats for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to a week
You can add additional peanut butter if the dough is too dry or additional oats if too sticky.
Did you try three ingredient dog treats?
If you tried making these treats, please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! I can’t wait to hear all about it!