I love to surprise my boys with a baked treat when they get home from school in the afternoons, but sometimes, it’s hard to find time to get anything baked. One of my favorite recipes, that I go to often, is for simple sugar cookies! This one is quick and easy, and it always puts smiles on their faces. Plus, you can always change it up a little, but we’ll talk about that later!
Simple Sugar Cookies
As I said earlier, I love this recipe because with just a few variations, it can become a very different cookie than what you previously made… Or, you can make several different kinds of cookies all in the same batch!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Approximately 48
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Remember how I said with just a few variations you can turn this into a completely different recipe? Well, it’s time to use your imagination… You can turn a simple sugar cookie into something completely different by frosting it, putting sprinkles on it, or by putting candies on or inside it!
Let me know what you think
If you made this recipe, please let me know what you think! I’d love to know what variations you used, so comment below or email me at email@example.com!