Everyone always talks about unplanned pregnancies in teenagers, or even unmarried adults, but what about happily married, fairly financially stable adults? What about when you’ve been doing everything the right way to prevent pregnancy and it still happens? That’s right, we were working to prevent pregnancy, but Baby Babb has announced that he or she is coming whether we are ready or not. That’s right, I’m pregnant!
This is a timeline of how my past few weeks have gone…
- 4/19/16- Man my boobs hurt.
- 4/20/16- Ugh, cramps suck. Guess my period is coming early this month (it was due to arrive 4/24)
- 4/21/16- Great. Everything smells awful and is making me nauseated.
- 4/22/16- At least I’m not cramping anymore.
- 4/23/16- When will this nausea end? Do I have a stomach bug?
- 4/24/16- Oh no, where’s my period?
- 4/24/16 (later that day)- I bet if I buy a pregnancy test, I’ll at least have some peace of mind.
- 4/24/16 (even later)- Shit. Why are there two pink lines? There can’t be two pink lines. No. No. NOOOOO. Not happening.
- 4/25/16 1:30 a.m.- Oh shit, I’m pregnant.
- 4/25/16 3:30 a.m. (after hours upon hours of freaking out)- Wake the hubs up in tears and tell him.
- 4/26/16- Can’t sleep. Still.
- 4/26/16- Can’t stand the taste of coffee. Good one Baby Babb, I can’t sleep or drink coffee. What the hell? Do you hate me already?
- 4/27/16- Called the doctor to make an appointment. Didn’t cry today.
- 4/28/16- Cried because the smell of crayons makes me sick and I work in an elementary school, so crayons are unavoidable.
- 4/29/16- Can’t stand the smell of anything sweet. It makes me puke.
- 4/30/16- Cried because now I can’t get a Dodge Charger and I need something with third row seating.
Who knows what today will bring, but for now I am happily looking at baby things online and planning… Oh, and getting a headstart on a baby registry (don’t ask, I just have to keep busy).