With a week left to go, I thought it was as good of a time as any to check in on my goals for the month of July, see what progress has been made, and figure out what I could do differently in August to make sure that I meet my goals. As a refresher, here are my July goals:
- Re-do bathroom
- Put $1,000 in savings by July 31
- Clean boys rooms
- Shop for back to school
- Mulch around the entire house
- Paint at least one canvas per week
- Meal plan for each week
- Start working out 5 out of every 7 days
- Blog at least 2 times per week
- Buy blinds for living room
- Get nice porch furniture
- Draw on iPad daily
- Post a new shirt design daily
- Pay Shopify for a full year upfront
- Order inventory for August show
- Fully stock booths in Dawson and Cuthbert
- Create a realistic cleaning schedule to follow
- Create a realistic daily routine
So let’s discuss them one by one and see how I did—
Re-do bathroom– DONE! With the exception of Steven doing some trimwork, and then me touching up paint AGAIN, we are done with that bad boy!!!
- Put $1,000 in savings by July 31 – This more than likely will not happen this month. Business has been SLOW. I’ll roll whatever money I can into savings at the end of the month, and try again in August.
Clean boys rooms– DONE! As done as it can get for having teenage boys and a 4 year old. I gave each of the older boys a good deep cleaning, and I just attempt to get JW to help me pick up his room every day. Shop for back to school– DONE! We have school clothes galore, and thankfully there were no school supplies needed this year because our amazing school has found a way to provide supplies to each of the students! We did get new backpacks, lunch boxes, and all of that fun jazz though.
- Mulch around the entire house – Again, business has been slow this month, so I did not purchase mulch as I was hoping. This will likely roll over into next month.
- Paint at least one canvas per week – I am going to get better at this, but the only time I picked up a paint brush this entire month was to work on the bathroom.
Meal plan for each week– DONE! I sit down every Thursday and make a meal plan and a Friday shopping list. It tends to be flexible, so if something comes up or we change our minds we can move things around, but it is so awesome to not have the age old question “What’s for dinner?” on a daily basis.
- Start working out 5 out of every 7 days – I’m going to get better. I truly want to, especially after looking at recent pictures of myself and after having to see myself in a swimsuit. Anywho, this did NOT happen this month.
Blog at least 2 times per week– DONE! And going to get even better.
- Buy blinds for living room – This will unfortunately move to next month, unless something happens in the next week. I do want to get this done ASAP though.
- Get nice porch furniture – This will also be moving to next month, and honestly maybe a little further out so that I can take advantage of some good clearance prices.
- Draw on iPad daily – I don’t know why I have been unable to make myself do this, but I have not been drawing.
- Post a new shirt design daily – I have been posting ALMOST daily, but not always a new design. I will continue working on this over the coming months.
- Pay Shopify for a full year upfront – This did not happen this month, but hopefully soon!
- Order inventory for August show – Not yet, but soon.
Fully stock booths in Dawson and Cuthbert– DONE! Create a realistic cleaning schedule to follow– DONE!!!!!!!!! I even posted it. I am so proud of how far along I have come with my house too. I no longer get worried about surprise visitors showing up!
- Create a realistic daily routine- Still a work in progress, it needs some tweaking, but with school starting back soon, I should be able to get it down to a good workable routine soon.
I would love to hear about your goals, please feel free to leave a comment below!
Until next time,