Happy New Year!!! We made it! I don’t know about you, but I am welcoming 2015 with open arms. 2014 was a great year for me, I learned a lot, but I also went through a lot and I am happy to put it all behind me. I don’t want to dwell on the past, so as many people do, I am making a list of goals and I am hoping to better myself this year. I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings, and I hope that you will all follow along…
In 2015 I would like to:
- Start eating more salads. I would say eat healthier, but I figure it’s best to be specific, so I’m making it a goal to eat at least 3 salads a week.
- Walk more. We got a new puppy for Christmas, and I want to train her to actually walk on a leash, so this shouldn’t be a problem (I hope). As most of you know, dearest Diamond has never been a good leash walker, so I would like this to be a habit that Izzy does not pick up from her.
- Do yoga. Every day. For at least 15 minutes. I want to work out more, but I remember doing yoga and FEELING so much better. I think just stretching my body and remembering to just BREATHE for a few minutes every day makes a difference. Check out The Yoga Bible if you’d like to join me!
- Get organized. I’m starting with my home, but definitely working on my schedule too. I am hoping that the more organized I am, the less stressed I will be.
- Save down payment money for mine and Steven’s dream house. We don’t know what that dream house is yet, but I want money for a down payment when the time comes, so I figure there’s no time like the present to start saving.
- Paint more. I started painting canvases this year, and I LOVE it. It’s freeing. I want to explore this.
- Learn more. I want to sign up for a college class or two…
- Do science experiments with my kids… They LOVE science, and I want to encourage it as much as possible. You’ve got to get this book and see what you can do with your kids!!!
- Write more love letters. The older we get, the more we tend to forget that just little things can put a smile on someone’s face. I wrote Steven a letter to let him know just how much I appreciate him and how thankful I am to have him in my life. I didn’t realize how much power I had to change his day with just that. I want to do that more often.
- Be open. I want to keep my mind and heart open to anything that comes my way. I want to be a better friend. I want to listen. I want to keep my ears, eyes, and heart open.
I hope you all have a wonderful and happy new year, and I hope you share your goals/resolutions with me.