With my birthday right around the corner (5 days away now!), I figured it was good time to share one of my FAVORITE cake recipes for this amazing Crockpot Red Velvet Cake!
The following post contains affiliate links. To find out more, please click here.
Crockpot Red Velvet Cake
Doesn’t it look delicious? You know you want some! Soon you’ll see why this cake is my absolute, 100% favorite!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- Water, oil, and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 bottle (1 oz) red food coloring
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- Line bottom and sides of 5-quart slow cooker with single piece of cooking parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter as directed on box, adding food color with the water.
- Pour batter into slow cooker. Place folded, clean dish towel under cover of cooker. This will prevent condensation from dripping down onto cake. Cook on High heat setting 45 minutes. Carefully remove slow cooker’s ceramic insert, leaving cover on, and rotate insert 180 degrees. Continue to cook on High heat setting 45 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Uncover, and transfer ceramic insert from slow cooker to cooling rack. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Using parchment paper, carefully lift cake out of ceramic insert, and transfer to cooling rack. Remove parchment paper. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread frosting on cake.
Did you try the Crockpot Red Velvet Cake?
If you tried the Crockpot Red Velvet Cake, please leave a comment below and let me know what you think! I hope you loved it… It is my favorite for a reason, after all!