In my family, we ALL love cinnamon rolls! Like, really love! But no one wants to get up and make them on the weekends, so I searched and searched, and came up with an awesome recipe for crockpot cinnamon roll casserole.
Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Without further ado, here is the recipe!
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 12 oz tubes of cinnamon rolls cut into quarters- divided
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Spray your crock with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of cinnamon roll pieces to cover the bottom of your slow cooker completely. (Reserve icing packets)
- Beat eggs, cream, maple syrup, vanilla and spices until blended well.
- Pour evenly over the rolls in the slow cooker.
- Place remaining roll pieces on top and spoon one packet of icing evenly over rolls.
- Cover and cook on low for 2½ to 3 hours or until sides are golden and rolls are set.
- Drizzle remaining icing over top and serve warm.
Notes about recipe:
Since this obviously doesn’t take a whole night to cook, I set it up the night before, put it in the fridge, and then get it out when I first wake up in the morning (I am ALWAYS the first to get up to feed the cats, let the dogs out, and go for a run) and it is generally ready by the time I get back from running.
To make clean up easier for this recipe, I always use a crockpot liner.
Did you try the crockpot cinnamon roll casserole?
If you tried this recipe, please make sure to leave a comment below, I want to hear how much you loved it!