For my birthday I wanted to do something a little different, and cheeseburgers are my favorite but there’s not a lot of time for that midweek, so I turned to Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup as my birthday meal for this year!
The following post contains affiliate links. To find out more, please click here.
This post has been sponsored by: www.nestiny.com If you are like me, and looking for a new home, take a look at their website!
And now, on to the recipe!
Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
This is by far a very easy recipe!
- 20 minute prep time
- 8 hour cook time
- Serves 10
- 2 lb ground beef
- 4 cups chopped onions (3 to 4 medium)
- 2 28 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 16 oz American cheese loaf, cut into cubes
- 1 bag (22 oz) frozen waffle fries
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
- In slow cooker, mix beef, onions, tomatoes and steak sauce. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 hours, or on High heat setting 4 hours.
- Stir in cheese; cover and set slow cooker to Warm heat setting. Stir occasionally while fries cook.
- Make waffle fries as directed on package.
- 5 Serve soup topped with lettuce and waffle fries.
- To freeze: Store soup in quart-size resealable freezer plastic bags. Label, and freeze lying flat. To reheat: Defrost overnight in refrigerator, or in microwavable bowl on Defrost setting in microwave, stirring often. Then microwave uncovered on High 4 to 6 minutes or to 165°F. Serve with freshly cooked waffle fries and shredded lettuce.
Did you try Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup?
If you tried Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup, or plan to try it, please leave a comment below and let me know what you think of it!